Card Making Tips
- Keep all the scrap paper. You can use them for punches.
- Keep a small box beside your craft table to throw in your paper scraps while you create.
- Put a pack of Baby Wipes nearby to clean your rubber stamps in-between change of colors or your Stampin' Scrub or Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy.
- Ink your stamp with Versamark ink before using Stazon, Red inks or any other difficult to clean ink.
- Keep a notebook or journal beside you on your bedside table to jot down card making ideas in the night.
- Not sure what color card to use to layer your image on? Choose a color that coordinates or is on your stamp.
- Store your Stampin' Write markers or Tombow markers horizontally.
- Store your not so juicy ink pads upside down to let the ink sink to the top of the pads
- Make some All Occasion cards without any sayings. When you need a quick card for a birthday or to say "Thank You", just add the words.
- Use Stampin' Up! medium clear envelopes to store your ready-made cards especially if you have included some 3D embellishments. then keep in a basket or box.
- Store your rubber stamps away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Apply a little clear nail polish to end of ribbons to stop fraying. Also have one pair of scissors just for cutting ribbon, make sure super sharp.
- Cover any mistakes with embellishments, layering or adding another image on top.
- Organize your paper scraps while watching tv or spend 10 minutes each week to sort. (I use to have all my Stampin' Up! paper in a file box inside folders labeled by colour and put the scraps in them so always with the correct colour and i see what is there before i cut a new piece eg:below).
Have a card making tip to share; please post in the comments or email me and I will add to the next Sunday Tips and Inspiration post.