Dec 10, 2018

Fetching you a Happy Birthday

Hello my crafty friends!

Today I'm sharing a fast and easy dog-themed card. As many of you know with the passing of my two furbaby cats, I rescued a little Parson Russell Terrier Mix named Lindi and since then have been collecting dog stamps.  Squeal, their seems to be tons of fun dog-themed stamps and dies out there! I'm using the Newtons Nook Fetching Friendship stamp set and coordinating dies for this cute card. 

This is a super simple card design that I cased from Nichol Spohr.

Directions:
  • Card base 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" from Stampin' Up! Pear Pizazz CS. 
  • Create a patterned tone-on-tone background by stamp the paw prints all over the front of the card base with Pear Pizzaz ink.
  • Trim 1 1/8" x 4 1/4" strip from Whisper White CS and stamp the tennis ball using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colour in the image with Copic Markers. 
  • Stamp the greeting using Pear Pizzaz and Black Stampin' Write Markers. 
  • Adhere the greeting panel to the card base and trim two thin strips from Basic Grey CS and adhere them on each side of the strip.
  • Stamp the Labrador dog from the on another piece of Thick Whisper White CS using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Colour the image in with Copic Markers and I die cut the image with the coordinating Dies. 
  • Adhere the dog image with dimensionals and added definition to the eyes and nose with black enamel.
We also made this card with Stampin' Up! Bella and Friends stamp set, and fussy cut out the furry dog, as well as turned into a Christmas card using the Newtons Nook Holiday Hounds stamp set and coordinating dies.





If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do! 

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL! 

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...