Dec 12, 2018

Murder Made to Order by Lena Gregory

Hello my friends,

Further to my post from December 6th, I will continue with reviewing Lena's 2nd book  Murder Made to Order 
(All Day Breakfast Cafe) that I read while in sunny Mexico.
Publication Date:  June 19, 2018 
Lyrical Underground    

Paperback 246 pages
Genre - Cozy Mystery




To save her cozy Florida diner, Gia Morelli must choke down a heaping helping of murder . . . 
 
New York native Gia Morelli is just getting used to life in Florida when she gets word that the town government wants to shut down her pride and joy: the charming little diner known as the All-Day Breakfast Café. A forgotten zoning regulation means that the café was opened illegally, and hardboiled council president Marcia Steers refuses to budge. Gia is considering hanging up her apron and going back to New York, but before she gives up on her dream, she discovers something shocking in the local swamp: Marcia Steers, dead in the water. There’s a secret buried in the books at town hall, and someone killed to keep it hidden. To save her café and bring a killer to justice, Gia and her friends will have to figure out a killer’s recipe for murder . . .


I enjoyed this 2nd book in the all day breakfast cafe series as much as the first. I read it practically non stop on my flight home, the book was everything that I hoped the next in the series would be. Gia is a wonderful character you can't help route for but the warmth and character of the other towns people also that kept me wanting to know more Harley, Earl and now Cole. I also love the relationship between Savannah and Gia. I will be reading this series as long as there are new books. The town of Boggy Creek is somewhere I think I could live happily in despite the recent murders (but what town doesn't have the odd murder). I only just finished and have already downloaded "A Cold Brew Killing" instead of binge watching I am binge reading this series


My Rating

Lena lives in a small town on the south shore of eastern Long Island with her husband and three children.  When she was growing up, she spent many lazy afternoons on the beach, in the yard, anywhere she could find to curl up with a good book. She loves reading as much now as she did then, but she now enjoys the added pleasure of creating her own stories.

Author Links:

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like?
Hugs, 
Disclaimer: This book was selected from the library or on Amazon by myself and I reviewed this book without compensation of any kind. All thoughts and opinions are solely mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Diva Goes Overboard by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing “ The Diva Goes Overboard”  the 17th instalment in the Domestic Diva Mystery series by Krista Da...