Dec 24, 2018

Starting over at 53 - where are my interests taking me

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday and all the best in 2019.

For the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 I am wanting to start fresh and expand my horizons with new interests, travel and some old favourites.

One interest is writing book reviews, it is something I never really did other than Loved it!  But now with the understanding of how authors need our reviews and getting to know some authors through my Cozy Mystery Group on Facebook called Cozy Mystery Book Corner  which was founded by Jen Alexander in 2017, I am delving into writing reviews on Goodreads and here on my blog.

I am still reading and looking in to how to do book reviews and share on a blog, so please be patient with me while I am in this learning curve.  I have decided to look back at cozy mystery series that I read over the past 5 years since being off work and later get back into my British Mystery favourite authors.  There were several authors that sprang to mind with respect to writing reviews as I have read every book in the series and I know I can give a 4 star or higher review.

Some of my favourites at the time of going on Long Term Disability were:


You can kind of see the theme to the books I read... Crafting and Magical with cats thrown in for good measure. Since a teen I LOVED British Mysteries, by authors like Agatha Christie, PD James, MC Beaton, Elizabeth George, just to name a few.  They filled my bookshelves, floor and boxes.  This was the time before kindles and e-books.

With all this said I can not forget my love of cardmaking and I hope to do more of it and I am hoping Lindi will let me get some done in 2019.  It is time for me to climb out of hibernation and enjoy the simple pleasures life offers.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog!

Hugs,



1 comment:

  1. I just love the Tea Shop mysteries! Not sure if you remember the old Magnum PI but Drayton really makes me think of Higgins when I read his parts!

    ReplyDelete

A Twinkle of Trouble by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing “ A Twinkle of Trouble ” by  Daryl Wood Gerber   the 5th instalment in “A Fairy Garden Mystery&...