My 9th Challenge for 2019 is called Cruisin' Thru The Cozies Reading Challenge as offered by Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews... this one sounds super fun!
Challengers have two options - one is to read only sub-genres and the other is to read cozy mysteries of your choice.
I naturally chose option B) Read one book from only sub-genres:
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
Full details and rules are available over on Yvonne's blog or in the Goodreads group.
Here are the levels you can join for either A or B…
Level one (Snoop) -
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) -
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) -
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) -
A) Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
The challenge runs from January 1, 2019 and ends December 31, 2019.
You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
I'm going to go for Level 3 (Super Sleuth) to read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books). I'll be listing them here...
1. Pies and Prejudice - Ellery Adams
2. Inherit the Word - Daryl Wood Gerber
3. Curiosity Thrilled the Cat - Sofie Kelly
4. Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries Book 3) - Mildred Abbott
5. Last Wool and Testament - Molly MacRae
6. Glitter Bomb - Laura Childs
7. The Witches Of Enchanted Bay Cozy Mystery Book 1 - Amelia Morgan
8. Murders and Metaphors: A Magical Bookshop Mystery - Amanda Flower
9. Off Kilter - Hannah Reed
10. The Cracked Spine: A Scottish Bookshop Mystery - Paige Shelton
11. Lethal in Old Lace: A Consignment Shop Mystery - Duffy Brown
12. Murder in White Lace: A Bridal Shop Cozy Mystery Book 1 - Karen Sue Walker
13. Yule Be Dead - Lorraine Bartlett
14. Christmas, Corpses, and Clockwork Kittens - L.A. Nisula
15. Starboard Secrets: A Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery Book 1 - Hope Callaghan
16. Murder in the South of France (The Maggie Newberry Mystery Book 1) - Susan Kiernan-Lewis
17. Mrs. Jeffries Delivers the Goods - Emily Brightwell
18. The Tuscan Child - Rhys Bowen
19. Murder, Mayhem and Bliss (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 1) - Loulou Harrington
20. Ditched 4 Murder - JC Eaton
21. Death at First Sight - Lena Gregory
22. Staged 4 Murder - JC Eaton
23. Hooked on Ewe - Hannah Reed
24. Murder in the Mystery Suite - Ellery Adams
25. Sunny Side Up - Sonia Parin
26. Books can be Deceiving - McKinlay
27. Longest Yard Sale - Sherry Harris
28. Murder by the Book - Lauren Elliot
29. Walled Flower - Lorraine Bartlett
30. One Potato, Two Potato - Lynn Cahoon
Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog!
P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!