Jan 26, 2019

No Good Tea Goes Unpunished by Bree Baker

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing No Good Tea goes Unpunished by Bree Baker.  For those that no me or see my Facebook feed will know that I dream of living by the seaside and that I also LOVE tea hot or cold, so this seemed like q perfect book for me to request from NetGalley.  


Print Length: 352 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark; (Feb. 26 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery




Don't marry into murder...

Catering her childhood friend's beachfront wedding was a dream come true for Everly Swan―and, with hundreds of guests in attendance, great exposure for her new iced tea shop and café. But when the well-to-do groom is found floating facedown in the surf, the locals of Charm, North Carolina, turn their suspicions to his new bride. Could she have been so desperate to lay her hands on his fortune that she arranged for his murder before they even set off on their honeymoon?

Everly knows her love-struck friend couldn't be behind the murder, but with clues pointing in several directions, she can't decide which wedding guest is the most likely culprit. Meanwhile, the frustratingly handsome Detective Hays has made it clear that Everly should stay out of the investigation altogether. But with a killer on the loose and a feeling that someone is watching her café very closely, Everly knows that if she can't solve this murder soon, her cake might be iced for good.

The second book in Bree Baker's popular Seaside Café Mystery series, No Good Tea Goes Unpunished is a delightfully deadly cozy mystery perfect for fans of Joanne Fluke and Kate Carlisle.


No Good Tea Goes Unpunished by Bree Baker is a charming cozy murder mystery.  This is the second book in the Seaside Cafe Mystery series and can easily be read as a stand alone.  In fact I have not read the first book Live and Let Chai.   I must admit the story or setting seemed familiar and I wondered if I had read before, or maybe read the first book.  With that said I really enjoyed the book.  

Everly’s been running Sun, Sand and Tea for several months, and now she’s catering an old friend’s wedding. When the groom turns up dead the first suspect is the bride and Everly wants to help clear Judy as well as save the reputation of  Sun, Sand and Tea!

The characters are well developed and the way she describes the town of Charm and the seaside setting really makes you want to pack up and move there. I find Everly, her quirky aunts, and friends, people I would love to be friends with.  I found myself invested in the story and wanting to know what happens, to the point of staying up all night to finish it.

I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, and I am grateful to NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for a honest review. 

My Rating


Bree Baker is a mystery-loving daydreamer who got into the storytelling business at a very young age, much to the dismay of her parents and teachers. A few decades later, no one seems surprised that she's made a career of it. According to Bree's eternally patient husband and three saucy children, she's never short on words or imagination, and can't seem to use one without the other. Her favorite tales involve the sea, intrigue and honor, humor and heart. Bree Baker is a member of Sisters in Crime, International Thriller Writers and Romance Writers of America. You can learn more about Bree and her books at breebaker.com.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...