Jan 9, 2019

Deadly News (A Britton Bay Mystery Book 1)

Hello my cozy friends,

I am involved in several reading challenges as well as book discussions this year and one is to read 20 books in month of January I have read 5 so far.

Today I am reviewing Deadly News (A Britton Bay Mystery Book 1) by Jody Holford.  This is Facebook Group  Death Becomes Us Cozy Mystery Book Club  January 31st discussion with the author herself!
Print Length: 186 pages
Publisher: Lyrical Underground (Oct. 30 2018)
Genre - Cozy Mystery




Former Army brat Molly Owens is ready to put down roots, and the picturesque seaside town of Britton Bay on the Oregon Coast seems like the perfect place for it. Especially when she lands a job as editor of the local paper. But she’s got one colleague who’s very bad news . . .

As an experienced journalist, Molly is eager to bring the struggling Britton Bay Bulletin up to speed. But when she pushes Vernon, one of her less welcoming reporters, to dig a little deeper into the story of a prominent local family, the man ends up dead. The fact that he wasn’t well-liked makes finding the killer extra complicated. The lists of suspects range from his ex-wife to his own son to Molly’s boss, who has a secret of his own. But when Molly’s attempts to sleuth out the truth result in her receiving frightening threats, the trouble is just beginning . . .

The one bright spot is Molly’s newfound flirtation with Sam Alderich. The sexy mechanic is used to taking things apart and piecing them back together, and between the two of them they just might be able to solve this deadly puzzle—if Molly can survive peaceful small-town life long enough . . . 






I LOVED it!  This first novel in a new cozy mystery series "DEADLY NEWS" was engaging and really well-written, with a wonderful small town, seaside setting and excellent characters. As most of you know I love the sea and the way this town was described I was dreaming of living there myself.  The protagonist Molly was intelligent, likeable, and the friends she made were people I would like to hang out with especially Katherine and Cali.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and instant romance whilst trying to figure out the killer. The reveal and the reason Vernon was killed was surprising, I had guesses who close to end but not the why.  I think Jody did a very good job on her first cozy mystery (author of romance novels) and I am really looking forward to her next book in the series DEADLY VOWS. (PS I preordered it already)
My Rating

I'm a mom and wife first and many things after. I'm a best friend and a regular friend. A daughter, sister, auntie, and a teacher. I am a book lover, a shopper, a pajama-wearer, movie-watcher, worrier, over-thinker, and a wanna-be-good-Samaritan. I'm a Gemini, a nervous talker, and an emotional
writer. I am represented by Frances Black of Literary Counsel. Jody was born in Ontario, Canada

Website:     http://www.jodyholford.weebly.com
Twitter:      1prncs
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Authorjodyholford/

Genre:        Romance, Ebooks, Chick Lit





Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...