Jan 13, 2019

Candy Apple Killer (Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Book 3)

Hello my cozy friends,

I was given another opportunity through Booksprout, to receive an advance copy of Candy Apple killer by Chelsea Thomas.


Publication Date:  January 9, 2019 
Amazon Digital Services LLC    
Paperback 208 pages
Genre - Cozy Mystery




You know what’s even worse than big city snobs?

Big city snobs who have the nerve to get murdered on your orchard!

That’s right. There’s another murder on the farm.

And if Chelsea and Miss May don’t solve this one, the orchard’s only employee could end up taking the fall.

Worst of all? Hunky Detective Wayne Hudson has turned against Chelsea. So she and Miss May have to solve this murder on their own.

Will the girls catch the killer?

Will Wayne be a standoffish grump forever?

And what will Miss May do if she has to sell the orchard?

Read to find out.

You’ll love this quick cozy because the sleuths are smart, the mystery is tricky, and the victim will keep you laughing… Even after they die!

Candy Apple Killer is Book 3 in the Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series, but the books can be read in any order. Read FREE on Kindle Unlimited today.

This book does not contain bad language or graphic violence. But it does include a cute tiny horse named See-Saw!



This is the third in the Apple Orchard Mystery series. I have mentioned before that I really enjoy the main characters Chelsea , Miss May and Teeny . Once again, they are drawn into being sleuths as a snobby new resident is found murdered at the annual Hoedown! As the bodies pile up this turns out to be a hard case for the trio to solve as no one seemed to like the Manhattan Turtles arrival in Pine Grove.  

The plot is very good it pulled me in right away and moves at a steady pace.  I was able to finish the book in about 3 hours. The introduction of Salazar - Pine Groves Psychic was interesting.  I loved Miss May's quote: 

"I find its best to believe in everything, so long as it doesn't hurt you. Its good to keep your door open to the universe. Otherwise, how will you know when the universe shows up with a gift?"

I thought I had identified the killer early in the book but as I read on there were red herrings that had me second guessing myself. This book is just as quirky and funny as the rest. 

I highly recommend this series to all my fellow cozy mystery lovers. For those that don’t read books in order, you could read on its own but for a complete backstory on the protagonist I recommend reading book one first. I can't wait to read "Berried Alive?" Book 4 in the series. 
My Rating
Chelsea Thomas is technically two people... Married writing team Chelsea and Matthew Thomas. 
Chelsea and Matt have spent the last 9 years living in Los Angeles, where they have worked as screenwriters. There, they have worked with such companies as CBS, SONY, and Nickelodeon. Now, with the completion of their first cozy mystery novel, Apple Die, they are proud to say that they are authors, too.  Chelsea and Matt love to surprise their subscribers with surprises and rewards, so don't forget to sign up for Thomas Tuesdays HERE                                                                                  
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher and Booksprout, and my opinions are my own. 


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...