Feb 14, 2016

WTH!! What the Heck you doing Karen!!

Happy Valentines Day!

As many of you know I have committed myself to some health and crafting goals for 2016!  Besides my health goals, I am prepping to do my very first craft fair this winter, to add to this I have also written down that I want to have minimum of 3 blog posts a week on both my blogs YIKES!!  So this means I should try to make a card a day - or other small and quick project a day (quick and easy cards will be my new best friend!)

I have cut back on the amount of classes I do each month compared to the fall/Christmas season but I really need this break to work on myself.  Since crafting is awesome therapy, I will try to do more challenges well at least one each week which helps me with the above goal.

Yesterday, I was quite productive making cards I can't share yet. Hee hee! Soon! But in the meantime I can share this card in the spirit of Valentine's Day.



A few things I've learned so far...
  1. Trying new things is fun. (Seems pretty logical but still was leery) but seriously. You don't know unless you try.
  2. Cards add up quickly if made with no intentions to clear them out. Adding that to my to-do list.
  3. Simplicity isn't scary anymore. I used to think if a card took less than 30 minutes to make it wouldn't be worth giving. No. False. Wrong. I still made it and crafted it with my hands, therefore it is totally worthy. Really. You invested the time, money, and efforts to make something. Way better than something mass produced at the store that has zero meaning.
Remember throughout Sale-A-Bration with every $60 spent with Stampin' Up! you will earn yourself a FREE product from the SAB Catalogue.

If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do!

Hugs,

<

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...