Feb 14, 2019

Flashback Thursday - Happy 80th Birthday Papa

Hello my crafty friends,

My Step-dad "Papa" turned 80 on September 27th, 2014 and I really wanted to make one of those box cards with Balloons and maybe a old looking golfer in the middle. I had watched a few You-Tube videos on how to make it and gotten the dimensions (listed below).

Card in a Box scoring, I must remember this! 


Finished Size when flat: 4-1/2 x 6 ". Individual panels are 2-1/4 " wide. 
  • Cut Base: 9.5 x 6 " 
  • Score base: 2-1/4, 4-1/2, 6-3/4 & 9 " on long side. Score at 3-1/4 " on short side. 
  • Inserts: Cut at 3-1/4 " x 3/4 ". Score at 1/2 " from either end
Box: 

  1. Cut piece of cardstock at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (it's a half sheet of cardstock) 
  2. Score this piece with the 5 1/2" side on top at 2 3/4" 
  3. Turn and with the 8 1/2" piece on top you are going to score to the MIDDLE LINE (at the 2 3/4" mark) and cut the rest of the way down 
  • Score at 2" then Cut 
  • Score at 4" then Cut 
  • Score at 6" then Cut 
  • Score at 8" then Cut 


That's it , now just glue together!


Insert:
  • Cut a piece at 2 3/4" x 8" 
  • Score at 1/2", 2 1/2", 3", 5" 5 1/2" 7 1/2" 
  • Fold into a Z with a flare (the ends of the Z are going to be going the opposite way) and POP it into your box. 
Layered Pieces:
  • Back pieces – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 5 3/8" and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" 
  • Small Panels – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 2 5/8" and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" 
  • cut 6 for outside panels and 4 for inside





This has inspired me to make a cat in a box card to give to one of my cat loving Facebook friends.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow crafters.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...