Feb 6, 2019

Designed to Death (The Faith Hunter Scrap This Mysteries Book 2)

Hello my cozy friends,

Further to February 3rds post in regards to Faith Hunter Scrap This Mysteries by Christina Freeburn  today I will be reviewing book #2 Designed to Death.
Length: 248 pages
Publisher: Henery Press (Sept. 6 2013)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


“Battling scrapbook divas, secrets, jealousy, murder, and lots of glitter all make Designed to Death a charming and heartfelt mystery” (Ellen Byerrum, author of the Crime of Fashion Mysteries).

Faith Hunter planned the perfect event at her grandmother’s shop, Scrap This, featuring local scrapbooker and “Life Artist Diva” Belinda Watson. But the extravaganza goes up in a cloud of glitter when Belinda and her cousin, Darlene, brawl over scraplifted designs. Faith attempts to break it up, but only makes things worse. Then when Belinda turns up dead behind the store, Faith’s involvement goes viral.

As accusations against her turn vicious, Faith sets out to prove her nemesis, Darlene, committed the crime, only to realize they are both innocent. Now they must team up or the murderer’s plan will come together seamlessly with the frenemies sharing a jail cell—or worse, a funeral.

“Read this fun book and you will never think of Washi tape in quite the same way again . . . Full of small-town intrigue, twists and turns, and plenty of heart.” —Mollie Cox Bryan, Agatha Award–nominated author of Scrapped





Designed to Death is book two in the Faith Hunter Scrap This mystery series.  When Faith's store "Scrap This" ends up being the scene of a murder, Faith is once again thrust into the spotlight with the local police.

This is a well developed story, with well rounded characters.  Faith, her family and friends are enjoyable characters and I can picture them in my mind.  As a papercrafter I go to scrapbook stores , attend classes so am able to picture the scenes, but the author does a great job of describing it even if you aren't a crafter you get pulled in.  The protagonist Faith is growing in this installment and is also coming closer to facing her past and revealing it to her two grandmothers Hope and Cheryl.

There was humour, a little romance and lots of twists and turns. I could not put it down, had to finish it in one sitting. I honestly did not figure out who the murderer was until the end.

I recommend this book to cozy mystery lovers whether you are interested in scrapbooking or not.

My Rating


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...