Feb 21, 2019

A Charming Blend: A Magical Cures Mystery and A Killer Coffee Mystery Crossover Mystery

Hello my Cozy friends,

Today I have the pleasure of reviewing another Tonya Kappes book but from the Magical Cures series!  This is the series that got me hooked on Tonya's writing.  Even though I'd missed a few in the series and havent started the Killer Coffee series, I was able to catch on quickly to what was happening.

Kindle Edition, 84 pages
Published February 17th 2019




You won’t want to miss this crossover tale of two of your favorite cozy mystery sleuths, June Heal from the Magical Cures Mystery Series and Roxanne Bloom from the Killer Coffee Series.


When Roxy Bloom and Patrick Cane got a gift card at the Full Moon Treesort in Whispering Falls, Kentucky, they figured it’d be a fantastic honeymoon.

When June Heal heard from the Whispering Falls Newspaper report from editor Faith Mortimer that there was a nosy coffee barista coming to town and she needed an eye kept on her, June was quick to put Mr. Prince Charming on the tourist, Roxanne Bloom.

When a dead body is discovered during the annual Whispering Fall tree lightening, Roxy Bloom just can’t seem to keep her nose out of it, even though she feels like something strange is going on in the cozy town.


“A Charming Blend” is a short novella blending two captivating series, Killer Coffee and Magical Cures mysteries.  I found this to be a fun and fast read, if you haven't read either series it can be a great introduction to both.  The story is told in the first person narrative by Roxy and then by June. The name of the narrator is listed at the beginning of each chapter so you can easily double check.  

The plot was quick paced with just enough twists and turns to keep me guessing.   I love the way Tonya makes the characters relatable, quirky, eccentric and I always seem to fall in love them.  I enjoyed going back to Whispering Falls, Kentucky, would love to live there or visit.
My Rating

"Disclosure: I received an ARC. My review is voluntary with honest insights and comments." 

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...