Apr 29, 2015

Petal Potpourri - Vellum Embossing Technique

Hello my crafty peeps!  

I have not made too much this week as I am getting ready for a visit from my mum, so excited!

I thought I would share the instructions for the card we made yesterday at my “Tea and Crafting - Make and Take”.

How to Create this Card using a Vellum Embossing Technique…

  • First make a card base out of whisper white cardstock, once this is done stamp with versamark ink using the "Everything Eleanor" stamp swirl on the outer left edge.  Using the clear embossing powder, tap off the extra and heat until all the powder is melted.
  • Grab a sponge or sponge dauber, ink it up and add color to the card base starting from the outside and working in. For a softer look pick a very light color and use a light hand when sponging. Remember it’s easy to add more ink, but not so easy to take color away.  I chose to use two colours Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.
  • Now for the vellum!  Use your embossing buddy and use it good. Embossing powder is partial to vellum, so rub your embossing buddy generously over the entire piece of vellum before stamping so that you don’t get extra little flecks everywhere, but don't worry if you do as you will be punching out the flowers.
  • Stamp with Versamark ink, your choice of blossom from the "Petal Potpourri" stamp set and add white emboss powder, tap off the extra and heat until all the powder is melted. 
  • For this card I put a small dimensional in the center of each flower, secured it on the card, placed a rhinestone jewel in the center.  Now looking back I think I should have used 3 flowers per card, but this can be a personal choice, half the fun is the experimenting.  
  • Stamp a greeting on the front or the inside of your card using Jet Black StazOn ink or Memento.

Supplies Used: (click an image for more info)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...