Jan 31, 2021

Double or Muffin by Victoria Hamilton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Double or Muffin" the 7th instalment in the "A Merry Muffin" Mystery series by Victoria Hamilton. 

In the new Merry Muffin Mystery, baker Merry Wynter must solve a disturbing crime among opera singers before the culprit decides it’s curtains for her . . .

When a reality TV show for aspiring opera singers descends on Wynter Castle, Merry’s got her hands full catering to the endless demands of the distinguished judges and ambitious contestants. Then mysterious rumors about the cast and crew begin to surface, suggesting that some of their performances may be filled with false notes. When a dogged reporter with an eye for scandal who’s been covering the competition is attacked and left for dead, Merry’s determined to discover who orchestrated the heinous deed.

Her long list of suspects is filled with eccentric personalities, including a promiscuous tenor known for making unwanted overtures, a pampered young prodigy and her meddlesome mother, and a quiet up-and-comer whose shadowy uncle may have ties to the underworld. As the musical contest and Merry’s investigation near their finale, she’ll have to act fast to keep a conniving contestant from plotting out her final act . . .

I really enjoyed catching up with Merry and the rest of her friends at Wynter Castle.  This time an Opera Reality Show was filming in the castle, oh my what a bunch of characters they were. 


The Protagonist Merry Wynter is a strong, and independent and I especially love her cat 
Becket who is feisty, and loving all at the same time.

I practically read in one sitting as I was so drawn into what was happening. There were enough twists to keep me intrigued and wanting to know how it ends. 

I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a cozy filled with warm, diverse characters and a small town atmosphere.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing  and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...