Jan 14, 2021

The Lake House by Christie Barlow

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "The Lake House " the 5th instalment in the Love Heart Lane series by Christie Barlow.  What can I say other than I loved it and read in one day.  I’m adding author to my favourites list and I have purchased the previous books in the series.  Who doesn’t want to escape to a small village in Scotland...


Love Heart Lane – where friends are there for you no matter what 

There’s a newcomer to the village of Heartcross and she’s never been more in need of a friend.

As the new manager of local bistro, The Lake House, Ella is ready to start afresh ––and that could mean there’s love on the horizon in the form of the gorgeous Roman, the local water taxi driver. Every day Roman is there to ferry Ella to the restaurant on the other side of the lake and every night he makes sure she gets home safe. But Roman has secrets of his own…

Can the Love Heart Lane community offer Ella a chance of a new life? Or will the ghosts of her past catch up with her?



The setting of  a tiny village called Heartcross and its healing powers on your heart, self worth and just a feeling of community is heart warming especially today. 

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. There were multiple sub-plots to keep you engaged and interested in the outcome. It's the story of a woman who finds herself while picking up the pieces after her parents,, friendship and love. 

I will definitely read other books by this author.

I highly recommend this author and series.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from One More Chapter and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...