Jan 10, 2021

A Cat on the Case by Clea Simon

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “A Cat on the Case” the 3rd book in the “A Witch Cats of Cambridge Mystery” by Clea Simon. It can be read as a stand-alone but I recommend reading in order. I really enjoy this series and was super happy when I saw it pop up on NetGalley. 


When a panicked stranger shows up at Charm and Cherish, Becca Colwin feels compelled to help. But when that stranger then disappears, leaving behind her heirloom violin the aspiring witch detective is drawn further into a web of deceit and intrigue complicated by a history that only Becca’s three magical cats truly understand.
I enjoyed the setting of Cambridge , along with Becca’s BFF Maddy who is still trying to keep her out of trouble. Another side character I really love is Elizabeth and I hope in future books we learn more about her. The story is told from the cats perspective and I enjoyed that.

There is a secondary story going on throughout the books, that of how the cats came to be guardians as little Clara the calico doesn’t know but also always a message as well.

Clara the calico was the center of the story as she stays with Becca whenever she left the flat to protect her and I always love when a furbaby is center stage in a book. I had a huge smile on my face by the time I finished this book! 

The mystery was well written with plenty of twists and turns and had a steady pace, even had a few surprises. I suspected but didn’t fully figure out whodunit until it was revealed at the end.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal mysteries and cats.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Polis Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...