Jan 23, 2021

Murder with a View by Diane Kelly

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing Murder With a View the 3rd instalment in the House Flipper Mysteries series by Diane Kelly. This is first book I have read in the series, and it can be read as a standalone. I have since purchased the previous ones so I can be all caught up in time for book 4 when they flip an abandoned church.

A DREAM PROPERTY


Carpenter Whitney Whitaker, her cousin Buck, and guard-cat Sawdust just scored a hot property near downtown Nashville in a tax sale. While the Music City Motor Court might not be much to look at now, the two plan to transform the motel’s twelve units into six one-bedroom condominiums with popular mid-century styling. But surprises await when Whitney discovers a squatter living in Room 9 and her cat Sawdust uncovers a body in the bed next door.

A LIVING NIGHTMARE

The murder victim is none other than Beckett Morgan, an up-and-coming country-western singing sensation who’s taken Nashville by storm with his number-one hit “Party in the Pasture.” Beckett’s left a long trail of broken promises and broken hearts, and the list of suspects seems endless. So does the line of female fans intent on halting the flip and turning the construction site into a shrine for the deceased star. If Whitney and Buck don’t help Detective Collin Flynn nail the killer, they’ll never be able to clear out the star-obsessed groupies, complete the remodel, and recoup their investment. But just who silenced the singer and why?


I liked Whitney and her cat Sawdust, it would give you both their thoughts from chapter to chapter which was kind of neat. I also enjoyed the setting of Nashville, Tennessee. Being avid watcher of house flipping shows I rather enjoyed it being the theme of this series. 

The mystery is interesting and had lots of twists which kept me guessing. I had no idea who the killer was till Whitney did. 

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from St.Martin Press and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...