Jan 25, 2021

Death Bee Comes Her by Nancy Coco

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Death Bee Comes Her” the 1st instalment in the "Oregon Honeycomb" Mystery series by Nancy Coco. What can I say other than I think Nancy has another hit series on her hands!  I will definitely be preordering book 2
A MATTER OF HIVE AND DEATH.



Nancy Coco, author of the popular Candy-Coated Mystery series, brings the Pacific Northwest's rainy coast to life with her new Oregon Honeycomb Mystery series starring Wren Johnson and her Havana Brown cat, Everett. Wren owns a specialty shop in the tourist town of Oceanview, where it's all things honey from taffy to body scrub until the murder of a victim clutching one of Wren's homemade beeswax lip balms makes things sticky...

A BALMY WAY TO GO

With her Let It Bee honey boutique buzzing along nicely, life is as sweet as nectar for Wren Johnson--until she takes a morning walk along the Pacific beach with her Havana Brown cat, Everett, and stumbles upon the body of Agnes Snow, the cranky queen of the local craft fairs, stiff as driftwood. More unfortunate? Clutched in the victim's fist is a label from Wren's homemade beeswax-and-honey lip balm. Which makes Officer Jim Hampton focus his dreamy-blue Paul Newman eyes on Wren as suspect number one.

With fabulous feline support from Everett, Wren must comb the town for clues and clear her name before someone else gets stung.

Growing up in the Pacific Northwest in Vancouver, the Oregon Coast is a favourite place for me to visit so was nice to be able to picture the setting.   I really enjoyed this story, and loved that it features a cat named Everett.   Plus the bonus of honey recipes at the end of each chapter was a nice addition.  I can see this becoming a new favourite just like her Fudge series.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters of Wren, Porsche, and Aunt Eloise .
I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   I think there could be a possible romance blooming too.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends. 




I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...