Jan 6, 2021

A Room With A Roux by Sarah Fox

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Room With A Roux" the 7th instalment in the "Pancake House" Mystery series by Sarah Fox.  I really like this series its an entertaining easy read.


Pancake house owner Marley McKinney takes a break from the Flip Side for a romantic getaway. But soon, instead of mixing batter, she’s mixed up with murder . . .

Marley and her new husband Brett need some quality couple time before the holiday madness, so they drive up into the mountains of the Olympic Peninsula to charming Holly Lodge. Before long they’re enjoying snowshoe excursions, hot chocolates, and cuddling in front of a roaring fire. Despite some barely concealed marital tension between the owners of the lodge, they’re finally able to unwind . . .

Until one morning when they notice a glove sticking out of a snowbank outside of the lodge. Inside the glove is a hand connected to a frozen corpse buried beneath the snow—lodge owner Kevin Manning has been murdered. Presented with a stack of suspects and eventually stranded at the lodge by a blizzard, Marley has to catch the cold-hearted killer before someone else gets iced . . .
Includes pancake recipes right from the Flip Side menu!
Being that this is set in the pacific northwest where i am from rather than an eastern state i can relate to the setting easier.  I enjoyed the part where they were up in the mountains at a remote lodge, seeing Marley out of her usual setting was a nice change.  But the story seemed to pick up when it got back to Wildwood Cove.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters of Marley, Brett, and Sienna  but lets not forget the loveable furbabies.  I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end. 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...