Sep 30, 2026

The Poison Pen Murders by Dee MacDonald

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "The Poison Pen Murders” the 5th instalment in 
An Ally McKinley Mystery series by Dee MacDonald set in the in the quaint village of Loccharran.  

Anonymous letters, a years-old mystery and… a dead body? Ally McKinley is on the case!

Ally McKinley might be the owner of the cosiest little guesthouse in the Scottish Highlands, but she also has a reputation as an amateur detective! So when a threatening note drops through her elderly neighbour Juliet Munro’s door, Ally is called in to investigate. But what first seems like a nasty prank soon proves lethal, when the very next day, Juliet is found murdered…

Her faithful dog Flora by her side, Ally soon learns that more than one woman in Locharran has received a poison pen letter. And though locals’ lips are sealed over coffee and cake, Ally skilfully unlocks the old Locharran mystery that connects the recipients: they were all rumoured to be involved in the death of a young woman called Marie McKay. Is someone trying to stamp out Marie’s killer? And if so, who in Locharran is not who they seem? 

A faded photo of a little blond boy with pale eyes has Ally on the right track, but when a woman’s scream shatters the village’s gentle calm, can Ally sort through the secrets before the post delivers another murder?

Fans of Agatha Christie, Faith Martin and Clare Chase will love this totally addictive and cozy mystery set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands from bestselling author Dee MacDonald.


In this instalment, when a threatening note drops through her elderly neighbour Juliet Munro’s door, Ally is called in to investigate. But what first seems like a nasty prank soon proves lethal, when the very next day, Juliet is found murdered…

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Annie did..  
Overall, I'm thoroughly invested in this series and excited to see where the author takes these endearing characters.

I'm eagerly anticipating the next instalment to see how the series evolves. If you're a fan of cozy mysteries, Scottish settings, or amateur sleuths, this book is a great choice.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Bookouture and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Poison Pen Murders by Dee MacDonald

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Poison Pen Murders” the 5th instalment in  An Ally McKinley Mystery  series  by Dee Ma...