Oct 6, 2019

Three Widows and a Corpse by Debra Sennefelder

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "
Three Widows and a Corpse " by Debra Sennefelder.   I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Print Length: 352 pages
Publisher: Kensington Books (Nov. 1 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


I loved "Three Widows and a Corpse" the third book in Debra Sennefelder's "A Food Blogger Mystery" series. Visiting Jefferson, Connecticut has become a pleasure, I love the description of the town and surroundings I can picture it in my mind what it must look like there in the fall as the trees turn colour and the air becomes crisp and less humid.

This time Hope is helping out with the town’s annual scavenger hunt as well as an assignment with Cooking Now! magazine. During the Scavenger Hunt, as Hope races with her team to check off the next item, she discovers a grisly surprise—the body of shady real estate developer Lionel Whitcomb, shot in a parking lot. To make things worse his wife Elaine is there competing in the hunt and sees the body, but as she screams two other women on the scene cry out that their husband is dead!

I love Hope as she is real and I have become invested in her and what is happening around her. I like her family and friends, Claire, Jane, Drew and of course Ethan (Police Chief boyfriend) and the dynamics between them all. Don't get me started on her dog Bigelow, Poppy the chicken and now the addition of Princess the cat!

There was drama, romance and a little bit of humor thrown in with the mystery. I did suspect the killer early on but there were lots of twists and turns I started second guessing myself. I liked how there were your normal mixture of nasty, suspicious people but how some just turned out to be misunderstood.

I also liked the behind the scenes look at her food blogging and magazine assignment, shows me that blogging is a full time job and then some. I also enjoy all the food recipes.

I highly recommend this book and I cannot wait to see what’s next for Hope in this series and I look forward to reading the next book ...
My Rating
I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...