Oct 4, 2019

Autumn Alibi by Jennifer David Hesse

Hello my cozy friends,

"Autumn Alibi" is the 6th book in the "Wiccan Wheel Mystery" Series by Jennifer David Hesse. I own the first 3 books in the series but haven't got around to reading them, with that said I was able to read this as a stand alone.  

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Kensington (Sept. 24 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


 
After a hectic year, Edindale, Illinois, attorney Keli Milanni is ready to welcome autumn by counting her many blessings. But a case of murder could cause her to fall behind . . .

Keli is hoping that Mabon, the Wiccan Autumn Equinox, will bring balance back into her life. But it’s death that comes calling when she’s asked to consult on an estate case. Recently passed, Elaine Turnbull left everything, including her valuable art and antiques collection, to her granddaughter, Lana. But Lana has been missing for years, ever since a tragedy tore her family apart. Also missing may be Elaine’s most recent will. Then there’s the not-so-small detail that Elaine’s death by natural causes may not have been so natural after all . . .

With the help of her boyfriend Wes, who knew Lana in high school, Keli starts digging into Elaine’s past—and her journals. Soon she discovers that everyone, from Elaine’s caretaker to her curator, had a motive for murder—along with a seemingly rock-solid alibi. Between missing people, missing documents, a string of vandalism against her friends, and the sense she’s being stalked, Keli is feeling a disturbing chill. Now not even her Wiccan protection rituals may save her from a killer with a cold heart that’s far from grateful . . .
I really enjoyed this story protagonist Keli is a likable, intelligent woman who is an attorney and also Wiccan.  All of the characters in the book are well developed and interesting.

The story was well paced, and I found I couldn’t put the book down. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. The description of Mabon the Wiccan Autumn Equinix was great and I learnt something new which is always a bonus.

I look forward to reading the next installment in this series

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Publishing and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...