Oct 23, 2019

The Candy Cane Caper by Josi S. Kilpack

Hello my cozy friends,

The Candy Cane Caper is the 14th book in the Culinary Mystery series by Josi S. Kilpack. However, I had not read any previous books and I was able to follow along.
Sadie is overwhelmed with checking things off her to-do list before her family arrives for Christmas. Yet, when her friend’s priceless, family-legacy Christmas ornaments go missing, Sadie is on the case.

I liked Sadie as she is quirky, and being a retired P.I. she does stick her nose in where it doesn’t belong, but it’s always done with good intentions.  I liked how the story stressed the importance of family, friendship, and not judging others by appearance.

I really enjoyed how this Cozy was about the missing ornaments rather than murder and I loved learning about the ornaments history. (I use to collect ornaments as a teenager)

There are several suspects as family, friends, and nursing home staff are included in the suspect list.  I didn’t guess the thief until the very end.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher and Netgalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...