Oct 17, 2019

A Cup of Holiday Fear by Ellie Alexander

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Cup of Holiday Fear " the 10th installment in the "Bakeshop Mystery" series by Ellie Alexander . I believed I had not read any of the previous books but the place, names etc. were familiar so I may have read one. I did not have any trouble following along so, yes it can be read as a standalone. I do recommend reading them in order, this way you really get to know  the characters.
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (Sept. 24 2019)


I had no trouble envisioning Ashland all decked out with holiday lights, snow falling, and carollers singing. Jules and the rest of the characters were well developed, I liked how the story was character driven with a mystery, I like these kind of series as you become invested in the characters and what’s happening around them. I enjoyed the holiday atmosphere that the author created and how Jules and her mum included everyone who had no Christmas plans in theirs.

I did suspect the killer pretty quick, but there were plenty of suspects to choose from as Cami was a pretty rotten person. There were some twists and turns just enough to keep you guessing. Don’t get me started on the descriptions of all the desserts, drinks and food , I think I gained 10lbs just thinking about them. I like that recipes are included in back of the book too, yes in some spots the detailed descriptions on Jules making a dessert became a bit much but then I’m not a foodie, but those that are will love it.

I highly recommend this book and series to all my cozy friends especially the ones that love to bake!


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...