May 22, 2019

Spirited Away (A Bay Island Psychic Mystery Book 4)

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Spirited Away" (A Bay Island Psychic Mystery Book 4). Lena Gregory is one of my favourite cozy authors, I love her All Day Breakfast Day Cafe series. I have not read the earlier books in the Bay Island Psychic mysteries yet although I did receive them for christmas. 

Print Length: 310 pages
Publisher: Beyond the Page (May 21 2019)



With the summer tourist season on Bay Island in full swing, shop owner Cass Donovan barely has a minute to breathe, and things at Mystical Musings become even more hectic when a fight breaks out at one of her psychic readings. Shaken by the fracas and discouraged that her sixth sense seems to be on the blink, Cass is even more dispirited to learn that one of the men involved in the altercation was later found dead—and that a close friend of hers is the main suspect.

Desperate to help her friend prove his innocence and consumed by haunting visions, Cass follows the clues from one possible culprit to the next, including some very mysterious tourists and not a few questionable locals. And when the police turn to Cass to help them find out who committed the ghoulish deed, she knows she’ll have to tread carefully, because her next grim premonition may be her last . . .


The book has likeable characters that are all well written and developed. I enjoy a series with a bit of the paranormal and this one fits in as Cass' abilities seem to be either returning or growing. 
I loved Cass, Bee and Stephanie's friendship (Lena is great with writing characters that you want to be friends with). I am also a sucker for dogs in books and I loved her dog Beast and his antics. 

The mystery flowed nicely throughout, keeping me intrigued that I read in one sitting. There were enough plot twists and turns to keep me guessing almost till the end.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy loving friends.

My Rating

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...