May 24, 2019

Something Borrowed, Something Mewed

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Something Borrowed, Something Mewed" by Bethany Blake the fifth book in the  Lucky Paws Pet Sitting Mystery series.  I enjoyed this book and have purchased the previous four books so I can start at the beginning and be all caught up.

Length: 304 pages
Publisher: Kensington (May 28 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


Daphne Templeton's sister Piper is getting married--and their mother is getting carried away. She insists on hiring Sylvan Creek's top event planner, Abigail Sinclair, who proposes an Independence Day theme complete with Statue of Liberty-inspired bridesmaid dresses. With all the bickering among the families, Daphne's glad her only duty right now is pet-sitting for Abby's cat, Ms. Peebles. But there are some fireworks coming that aren't part of the ceremony. The Poconos will never be the same . . .

At a tension-filled dress fitting, the abrasive wedding planner is found strangled by a garter--a weapon both borrowed and blue. Now Daphne's services are required not just for organizing the big day, but for figuring out whether one of the in-laws is an outlaw . . .

Includes recipes for homemade pet treats!



Even though I haven't read the previous books in this series, it didn't cause a problem as this can be read as a stand-alone.  I must admit it did take me awhile to get into this book but that could be because I haven't read the previous books but about halfway in I was snagged and couldn't put it down.

I like the Protagonist Pet sitter Daphne Templeton as she has a soft spot for every stray and misfit who wanders into the quaint, lakeside village of Sylvan Creek in the Poconos Mountains. Her sister Piper, Moxie and Fidelia are great friends to have and realistic.  The characters are well developed and very likeable, and who doesn't love Socrates, her taciturn basset hound, and her tiny fuzz ball named Tinkleston.  As a pet lover I really enjoyed the inclusion of all the dogs and cats.

There are plenty of red herrings, twists, turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. 
I cant wait for the sixth installment in this series, I recommend this to cozy lovers.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington and NetGalley. 
 All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...