May 23, 2019

Southern Sass and Killer Cravings by Kate Young

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing a new author and series to me "Southern Sass and Killer Cravings"  a Marygene Brown Mystery series bKate Young.   

Print Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Kensington (May 28 2019)


Life has always been sweet on Georgia’s Peach Cove Island, but a case of murder has Marygene Brown down in the pits . . .

For generations, the women of the Brown family on Peach Cove Island have been known for their Southern sass and sweet homemade desserts at their beloved Peach Diner. Since their mother's passing two years ago, Marygene has been stuck in Atlanta while her sister Jena Lynn has been running the family business. Now Marygene has left her husband and returned to her hometown, where she can almost feel Mama's presence.

But all is not peachy back home. Marygene has barely tied on an apron when a diner regular drops dead at the counter. When it turns out the old man's been poisoned, Jena Lynn is led away in handcuffs and the family eatery is closed. Now, to save her sister and the diner, Marygene must find the real killer. With some startling assistance from her Mama's spirit, Marygene will be serving up a special order of just desserts . . .

Includes Seven Recipes from Marygene’s Kitchen!


This is  a great start to a new mystery series.  Protagonist, Marygene, has moved back home after leaving an abusive relationship. The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I enjoyed the quirky, loveable characters which are well developed and who doesn't love a small southern town setting like Peach Cove Island. 

There are plenty of twists and turns in this story, a few red herrings but I guessed whodunnit fairly soon in the story. The story moves at a steady pace, and I had a hard time putting it down.   I cant wait to return to Peach Cove Island and the Peach Diner!


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Kate Young writes Southern mystery novels. She is a member of Sisters in Crime and the Guppy Chapter. Kate lives in a small town in Georgia with her husband, three kids, and Shih Tzu. When she is not writing her own books, she’s reading or cooking. 

Website         http://www.kateyoungbooks.com
Twitter          KAYoungBooks
Goodreads    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6527572.Kate_Young





Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...