May 3, 2019

Cherry Scones & Broken Bones

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Cherry Scones & Broken Bones is the second installment in the "Very Cherry Mystery Series" by Darci Hannah. This was the first book in the series that I read and I am definitely looking forward to reading the first one "Cherry Pies and Deadly Lies".
Length: 360 pages
Publisher: Midnight Ink (June 8 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


For the Cherry Orchard Inn, "Cherry scones to die for" turns out to be all too true

Tainted by a recent murder, the Cherry Orchard Inn is struggling to attract guests . . . until celebrated portrait painter, Silvia Lumiere, books a room for the summer. Whitney Bloom, the inn's new manager, can't believe her good luck. Between her scrumptious cherry scones and the painter's remarkable talent, the inn swiftly becomes the center of the Cherry Cove art scene. However, all is not the bowl of cherries it appears. There's a rotten core in the portrait painter that only Whitney and her friends can see. And just as Whitney's baking skills and patience are pushed to their limits, another death occurs at the inn. With all fingers pointing at her, Whitney realizes it will take all her cherry-tastic talents to bake her way out of this one.


I enjoyed the quirky characters in this story and thought they were well-rounded. The setting of Cherry Cove is delightful and I always enjoy the small-town atmosphere in cozies. 

I found myself drawn into the story and the plot has lots of twists and turns and a few red herrings that kept me intrigued and wanting to know more. I thought I had figured out who the murderer was but second guessed myself till the end.

I highly recommend Cherry Scones & Broken Bones to all my cozy mystery loving friends and anyone who adore quirky characters..

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book courtesy of Midnight Ink and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

My Rating

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.


Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...