May 25, 2019

Into the Frying Pan (A Ditie Brown Mystery Book 2

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Into the Frying Pan" by Sarah Osborne is book two in Ditie Brown Mystery series. I haven't read book 1 yet but it is in my kindle TBR pile.

Publisher: Lyrical Underground (May 28 2019)


 
Mabel Aphrodite Brown has quickly learned that motherhood can sometimes be a real skirmish. But when death visits a Civil War reenactment, it’s murder that’s a battlefield . . .

In the thick of a hot, muggy Atlanta summer, all Ditie Brown wants to do is keep her kids occupied and get them ready for school in the fall. When her ex-boyfriend, Phil Brockton, shows up for a Civil War reenactment, she thinks it might be fun and educational for the kids. Plus, her best friend Lurleen wants to put on the costumes and get in on the action, and Ditie isn’t one to rebel.

But things go south after a cannon misfires, resulting in the death of Phil’s med school rival. Was it an accident or something more sinister? Ditie soon realizes the past rarely stays buried, and her digging reveals longstanding enemies, killer motives, and new jealousy. When another reenactor is “accidentally” shot, the pressure is on for Ditie to solve the murders—or else her friends may be history . . .

Includes Family-Friendly Recipes!




I enjoyed this book and found protagonist pediatrician Ditie Brown who works at a refugee children's clinic in Atlanta, GA came across as wishy washy and easily manipulated (I could relate though) and from what I have read she wasn't this way in the first book so lets hope she will return as the strong independent woman in the next. I did like how Ditie interacted with the children in the clinic as well as Lucie and Jason though, she was thoughtful and caring towards them all.  The side characters are wonderful as well, and you become invested in them, like Lureen her BFF who wouldn't want her as a friend.  

There are twists and turns and red herrings but I guessed whodunnit fairly quickly. The story moves at a steady pace, and I had a hard time putting it down.  I cant wait to return to Atlanta, Georgia and see how things are going...

There are recipes included for the dishes featured in the book. If you like a lively Southern cozy mystery with death and destruction you will enjoy this series.


I requested and received a Advanced Reader Copy from the publisher and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Sarah Osborne is the pen name of a native Californian who lived in Atlanta for many years and now practices psychiatry on Cape Cod. She writes cozy mysteries for the same reason she reads them—to find comfort in a sometimes difficult world. TOO MANY CROOKS SPOIL THE PLOT is the first novel in her Ditie Brown Mystery series. Her second book in the series INTO THE FRYING PAN will be released in May 2019. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at doctorosborne.com.




Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...