Oct 25, 2020

Veiled in Death by Stephanie Blackmoore

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Veiled in Death” the 6th instalment in the "Wedding Planner" Mystery series by Stephanie Blackmoore.   I have read only two other books previously and this can be read as a stand alone but you will want to read in order.


Wedding planner Mallory Shepard doesn't have time to organize her own nuptials--because right now she's engaged in solving a murder . . . 

When Mallory discovers some old lace at a Port Quincy antique shop, she knows it'll make a perfect headpiece. But she's barely gotten it out of the store before Helene Pierce tears it from her hands. Helene claims it's a family heirloom that went missing when her late husband died in a hit-and-run twenty-five years ago.

The conflict gets more complicated when the veil is attributed to none other than famed seamstress Betsy Ross. Mallory may have a genuine museum piece on her hands, but meanwhile Independence Day is right around the corner and she has to host the town's Revolutionary War re-enactment. Then it becomes clear there's a bigger mystery behind all this history when a local woman is murdered with a musket--and Mallory's investigation could set off some fireworks . . . 

I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish, there was so much happening re-enactments, history, Mallory’s wedding and a little murder. There was more than one mystery to solve and I liked how it was all woven together so neatly that nothing seemed out of place. We got to know the characters their feelings, relationships and care about the outcome.  Amongst all this there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing on the identity of the killer.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series and book 7 when it comes out.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



1 comment:

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...