Oct 30, 2020

Hollyberry Homicide by Sharon Farrow

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Hollyberry Homicide" the 5th instalment in the "A Berry Basket Mystery" series by Sharon Farrow.  This can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading in order.   I found it to be a fun and entertaining Christmas read.

A cold wind is blowing off Lake Michigan, and murder is scaring the dickens out of everyone . . .
 
Considering her name, Marlee Jacob is an obvious choice for the role of Jacob Marley in Oriole Point’s production of A Christmas Carol. It’s just sad that the role has opened up because of the death of the elderly actor who’d originally been cast.
 
But Marlee, the proprietor of The Berry Basket, will do her best to keep spirits high—that is, until clues start mounting that there’s danger behind the scenes. There are accidents on set, the tree in the village square topples over, and worst of all, a body is found with a sprig of holly draped over it. If Marlee can’t wrap up the case, she may not have a berry merry Christmas . . .
 
Includes Berry Recipes!
I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  I have several books in my TBR pile. I loved all the Christmas cheer and the friendships between the main characters.

The mystery was interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed.
I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...