Oct 9, 2020

Gear, Grills & Guns by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “ Gear, Grills & Guns” by Tonya Kappes the 13th instalment in the " Camper and Criminals Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series and look forward to visiting Normal and the Laundry Club ladies as they are such a hoot.

Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal.

Mae West is bound to prove she deserves the seat she was appointed to on the National Park Committee when she brings a big car show to Normal during the slower fall month. But, when Wendell Holliday's body is found dead in one of Happy Trails Campground bungalows and one of the rentable campers is burning to the ground, Mae along with the help of the Laundry Club Ladies once again put on their sleuthing caps to figure out who is trying to sabotage Mae and her new position on the committee.

I really enjoyed this instalment in the Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery series. I adore Mae and the laundry Club ladies, and the whole concept of living in a RV Park in the woods, by a pond and river.  

In this instalment Mae and Happy Trails Campground are getting ready for Fall around the campground with scarecrows, pumpkins and hay bales.  There is a big car show happening and one of the car owners gets himself murdered. Mae must figure out who did it as it happened in her bungalow. 

This mystery had a lot of suspects and I didn’t figure it out till just before Mae!  I did suspect who but once again there were enough red herrings to change my mind.

Now some of Maes past has come to the surface and I know she will have to deal with in the next book, I’m really looking forward to that.  I’m also hoping Tex and Glenda will appear in one of the next stories as I can see them being a good addition.

If your looking for a fun, southern mystery then this is your book!
I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. You can't go wrong when reading any of Tonya's Campers and Criminals Cozy Mystery series!

    ReplyDelete

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...