Oct 2, 2020

A Page Marked for Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Page Marked for Murder" the 5th instalment in the "Beyond the Page Bookstore" Mystery series by Lauren Elliott.  This is one of my favorite Bookshop cozy series.


In Lauren Elliott's fifth Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, a murder and a missing first edition of The Secret Garden have rare bookstore owner Addie Greyborne running around her Massachusetts town trying to read the clues...

January isn't the season for the seaside, but the big Fire and Ice festival is keeping bookstore owner Addie busy. Amid the plans for a fireworks display and an ice-carving competition, she's also dog sitting for a friend in the hospital. When Addie goes to her friend's house to gather supplies, she notices an interesting item on the nightstand which belongs to her shop assistant, Paige: a very valuable copy of the beloved children's book The Secret Garden.

But Addie's blood runs cold when she finds something else: a dead body behind the bakery next door to her shop. Martha, the bakery owner, has no alibi--and has been seen in a heated argument with the victim. And the next thing Addie knows, that first edition has gone missing. Is there a connection between the body and the treasured tome? If there is, it's up to Addie to find a killer with a motive as hidden as Frances Hodgson Burnett's famous garden...
I really enjoyed this latest instalment in the series!  I liked that we had two mysteries to solve and I loved the inclusion of Pippi to Addies world.  I’m hoping the little fur ball will pop up again in another story.
 
The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed.
I kept second-guessing myself on whodunnit almost to the very end but I did suspect correctly just before it was revealed.  I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I can’t wait to read "Under the Cover of Murder" book 6 in March 2021!


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Also we are doing a launch party over on my Facebook page on October 27th , come join us for an hour of fun and giveaways!












Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...