Oct 19, 2020

On Deadly Tides Elizabeth J. Duncan

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "On Deadly Tides” the 11th instalment in A Penny Brannigan Mystery series by Elizabeth J. Duncan.  I have read a few of the books in this series and really enjoy them, I like that the protagonist is a Canadian living in Wales. This can be read as a stand alone but recommend reading in order.
With a picturesque black and white lighthouse, pebble beaches and stunning views of sea and mountains, the island of Anglesey off the coast of North Wales is the perfect place for an idyllic mid-summer painting holiday.

And watercolour artist, businesswoman, and amateur sleuth Penny Brannigan is enjoying the retreat enormously - until she discovers the body of a New Zealand journalist on a secluded beach just as the tide is going out, threatening to take the body with it. 

The post mortem reveals the victim died from injuries "consistent with a fall from a great height," and the death is ruled accidental. But Penny thinks there's more to the story. Curious how the victim came to such an untimely end at this most inhospitable spot, she uncovers a link to a mysterious disappearance several years earlier. 

And as her holiday romance with a wildlife photographer turns to love, she learns some truths about herself, too, that surprise her. 

As the winds of change blow through Penny's own life, she sets sail on a friendly tide for a future she never dreamed possible, in a beautiful place she never imagined

I really enjoy this series, and I need to start at the beginning to be fully caught up.  I love the descriptions of the North Wales seaside and can picture myself walking along with Penny and her friends.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, with two murders to solve.  I liked that even though Penny was away on a weekend holiday we returned to Llanelen and we got to visit with Victoria , Mrs. Lloyd, etc. I also really enjoyed the surprise ending and can’t wait to see what’s in store for Penny.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends. I can’t wait for the next book to come out.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read anything from this author. (I know, where have I been?) This series sounds exciting to me as my ancestors are from Wales so this can sort of give me a feel of life in Wales from my recliner!

    ReplyDelete

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...