Oct 8, 2020

Candy Slain Murder by Maddie Day

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Candy Slain Murder” the 8th book in the Country Store Mystery series by Maddie Day. I just love this series,


Christmas cheer has sent the griddle into overdrive at Robbie Jordan’s popular country store and cafĂ©. And this year, there’s a new seasonal special to feast on: murder!
 
As December sweeps through South Lick, Indiana, Robbie’s life seems merry and bright like the string lights glistening around town. But strange happenings signal a bumpy ride into the holidays. First a man raises eyebrows at Pans ’N Pancakes when he claims to be the long-lost half-brother of Robbie’s assistant. Then a fire destroys the home of a controversial anesthesiologist, exposing skeletal remains in his attic. Unavoidably intrigued, all Robbie wants for Christmas is to stop her winter wonderland from becoming a real nightmare. With a decades-old mystery taking shape, can she run as fast as she can in pursuit of a killer who’s harder to crack than a stale gingerbread man? 
 
Includes Recipes for You to Try!
This is the fourth book I have read in the series and I was able to follow along easily so it can be read as a stand alone.  I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting.

I love the setting of South Lick, Indiana and I love Robbie and her staff at Pans N Pancakes they  are like a big family.  There were some nasty characters this time with touches on racism, and just plain old meanness. But through it all you still felt the good in most of South Lick. We learned more about Corrine and Danna this go around too which was nice.

There were enough twists to keep me intrigued and wanting to know how it ends. The plot and story were good and seemed to flow at a good pace.  I did suspect the killer but I liked the surprise ending.

I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a cozy filled with down home characters and a small town atmosphere.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...