Oct 18, 2020

A Death Long Overdue by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "A Death Long Overdue" the 7th instalment in the "A Lighthouse Library" Mystery series by Eva Gates.  I really enjoyed this book! 
When her former director is found dead in the water, librarian Lucy Richardson will have to get to the bottom of the mystery before the killer ends her tale.

It's summertime in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and Bertie James's college class is having their 40th anniversary reunion. The opening night reception is held at the Lighthouse Library and Lucy and her colleagues have assembled an exhibit of library artifacts showing how libraries have changed over the years. After the reception, some of the women take a walk down the boardwalk to the pier, using flashlights to illuminate the dark path, but what's scarier than the dark is finding the former director of the Lighthouse Library floating lifeless in the water.

Helena Sanchez, the former director, wasn't much loved and spent the party being rude to almost everyone there. As a result, Lucy finds herself in deep water as she rocks the boat, questioning several suspects. But she'll have to batten down the hatches and fast before she's left high and dry...and right in the killer's crosshairs.
This is the 2nd book I have read in the series but I had no trouble following along. I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  I have several books in my TBR pile. In fact I am now a fan girl for Vicki Delany/Eva Gates and bought a few books in her other series too.

The setting of the Bodie Island Lighthouse library in the Outer Banks of N.C. is a dream location that I would really love to go to. I could picture it in my mind from the descriptions which really helps make it come to life in your mind.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. Lucy, her cousin, Bertie and her adorable cat Charles  make a good team.  I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   I enjoyed the sub-story with Connor too.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...