Mar 6, 2019

Live and Let Chai by Bree Baker

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Live and Let Chai by Bree Baker.  For those that know me or see my Facebook feed you will know that I dream of living by the sea and that I also LOVE tea hot or cold. I really enjoyed the second book in series so picked up this one and also made it our book discussion on March 15th!   
Print Length: 352 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark; (July. 10 2018)
Genre: Cozy Mystery




Trouble is brewing in Everly's new café. Can she bag the culprit?
Life hasn't been so sweet for Everly Swan over the past couple of years, but now that she is back in her seaside hometown and the proud owner of a little iced tea shop and café right on the beach, things are finally starting to look up—until a curmudgeonly customer turns up dead on the boardwalk. With one of her hallmark glass tea jars lying right next to him and an autopsy that reports poison in his system, it doesn't look good for Everly or her brand new business.
As the townspeople of Charm, formerly so welcoming and homey, turn their back on Everly, she fights to dig up clues about who could have had it in for the former town councilman. With a maddeningly handsome detective discouraging her from uncovering leads and a series of anonymous attacks on Everly and her business, it will take everything she's got to keep this mystery from boiling over.




Live and Let Chai by Bree Baker is a charming cozy murder mystery.  This is the first book in the Seaside Cafe Mystery series.  

Charm is a fictional seaside town in North Carolina’s Outer Banks area (somewhere I have always wanted to visit).  It has plenty of eclectic shops and townspeople to make it interesting. 

The characters are well developed and the way she describes the town of Charm and the seaside setting really makes you want to pack up and move there. I find Everly, her quirky aunts, and friends, to be people I would love to be friends with.  I found myself invested in the story and wanting to know what happens, to the point of staying up all night to finish it.

I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, and I am grateful to NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for a honest review. 

My Rating


Bree Baker is a mystery-loving daydreamer who got into the storytelling business at a very young age, much to the dismay of her parents and teachers. A few decades later, no one seems surprised that she's made a career of it. According to Bree's eternally patient husband and three saucy children, she's never short on words or imagination, and can't seem to use one without the other. Her favorite tales involve the sea, intrigue and honor, humor and heart. Bree Baker is a member of Sisters in Crime, International Thriller Writers and Romance Writers of America. You can learn more about Bree and her books at breebaker.com.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...