Mar 25, 2019

Designs On Murder: A Ghostly Fashionista Mystery by Gayle Leeson

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am discussing a new series by Gayle Leeson, Designs On Murder: A Ghostly Fashionista Mystery!  I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Print Length: 212 pages
Publisher: Grace Abraham Publishing (March 26 2019)




What if you discovered your lively new friend wasn't really...alive?

Amanda Tucker is excited about opening her fashion design studio in Shops On Main, a charming old building in historic Abingdon, Virginia. She didn't realize a ghost came with the property! But soon Maxine "Max" Englebright, a young woman who died in 1930, isn't the only dead person at the retail complex. Mark Tinsley, a web designer with a know-it-all attitude who also rented space at Shops On Main, is shot in his office.

Amanda is afraid that one of her new "friends" and fellow small business owners is his killer, and Max is encouraging her to solve Mark's murder a la Nancy Drew. Easy for Max to want to investigate--the ghostly fashionista can't end up the killer's next victim!


This was the first time I had read one of Gayle's books and I thoroughly enjoyed it "A Ghostly Fashionista Mystery" series is off to a great start. This series also has a nice hint of the paranormal with the ghost of Max. This book had me hooked from the beginning and I finished in a couple nights.

The mystery was well written and carries through the entire story. There were a couple of twists and turns that I didn't see coming but I did guess the killer halfway through. The author brought all the characters to life for me and I really love a book that makes me feel like I can see everything in my minds eye. I enjoyed the relationship between Amanda and her Grandpa Dave and even the blossoming romance between Amanda and Jason.

I cannot wait to read the next book in this charming series, and I highly recommend this series to all my cozy mystery loving friends.

My Rating
 I voluntarily read a digital ARC provided to me via NetGalley. All of the above opinions are my own.



Gayle Leeson is a pseudonym for Gayle Trent. who also writes as Amanda Lee. As Gayle Trent, she writes the Daphne Martin Cake Mystery series and the Myrtle Crumb Mystery series. As Amanda Lee, she writes the Embroidery Mystery series. Going forward she will only write under the name of Gayle Leeson. She lives in Virginia near Abingdon with her family and "Angus" a Great Pyrenees.

Website:      https://www.gayleleeson.com/
Twitter:       https://twitter.com/GayleTrent
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/GayleLeeson/
You-tube:    https://www.youtube.com/user/gaylewriter
Pinterest:     https://www.pinterest.ca/gayleleeson/
Amazon:     https://www.amazon.com/Gayle-Leeson/


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...