Mar 29, 2019

Foul Play on Words (A Mystery Writer's Mystery #2)

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Foul Play on Words (A Mystery Writer's Mystery #2) by Becky Clark.




 Between a kidnapping, a double booking, and a crew of hapless volunteers, Charlee worries the writing conference will go to the dogs.

Mystery author Charlee Russo agrees to speak at a Portland writers' conference organized by her friend Viv Lundquist. When Viv picks her up at the airport, she frantically tells Charlee that her daughter Hanna has been kidnapped.

Charlee takes over the conference preparation so Viv can search for her daughter, but the situation gets tense when the hotel double-books the event with a dog show. Despite this, Charlee is compelled to investigate after she learns shocking secrets about both Hanna and Viv. Can she find Hanna in time, or will a plot twist lead her to a ruff ending?



Foul Play on Words by Becky Clark is the 2nd book in the "Mystery Writers Mystery series",

Charlee Russo is a mystery writer, who has agreed to speak at a Portland writers' conference to help her friend Viv. When Viv is late picking her up at the airport, that should have been her first clue something wasn't right.  Despite it all, Charlee is compelled to investigate after she learns shocking secrets about both Hanna and Viv. Can she find Hanna in time, or will a plot twist lead her to a ruff ending?  Not only is this book funny, it has a great mystery too!

I found this book to be a fun, quick read, with a well developed plot and characters.
I recommend this book to all my cozy mystery loving friends. 

I enjoyed this book so much that i purchased the first book right away.

I voluntarily read a digital ARC provided to me via NetGalley  and Midnight Ink Publishing. All of the above opinions are my own.

My Rating


Readers say Becky Clark's books are “fast and thoroughly entertaining” with  “witty humor and tight writing” and “humor laced with engaging characters” so you should “grab a cocktail and enjoy the ride.” They also say “Warning: You will laugh out loud. I’m not kidding,” and “If you like Janet Evanovich, you will like Becky Clark.”

A highly functioning chocoholic, Becky is the seventh of eight kids, which explains both her insatiable need for attention and her atrocious table manners. She likes to read funny books so it felt natural to write them, too.


She surrounds herself with quirky people and pets who end up as characters in her books. Her stout-hearted dog Nala keeps her safe from menacing squirrels, autumn leaves, and grazing deer, but not plastic bags or worms. Those things are terrifying.

Follow Becky on:

BookBub:      https://www.bookbub.com/authors/becky-clark 
Amazon:        https://www.amazon.com/Becky-Clark/e/B004NQO14I
Goodreads:    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4730815.Becky_Clark
Facebook:      https://www.facebook.com/BeckyClarkAuthor
Website:          https://beckyclarkbooks.com/ 


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...