Mar 10, 2019

Canyons, Caravans, & Cadavers by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

I have been devouring this series as fast as I can get my hands on a new release! The setting is “Normal Kentucky” a small town that mainly relies on tourism to keep it going, and the series starts with Mae arriving in Normal to find she owns a rundown campground. She starts revitalizing the Happy Trails campground with the help of the “Laundry Club” plus the towns people thus improving the economy of Normal by bringing hikers and nature enthusiasts to the area.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In this installment Mae is receiving the key to Normal for her help in improving the economy along with a pesky reporter and Mae is given the opportunity to conduct a six week class on economics and how she turned around the campground at the local High School but after the ceremony Mae finds a guest murdered in one of the rental trailers. With everyone canceling their reservations at her campground, she needs to find the killer and fast. With the body count rising the lead Detective Hank Sharp agrees she can be the “eyes and ears” at the school for him. Will Mae and the Laundry Club figure it out in time to stop someone else getting hurt or worse…

The story is well written, intriguing and fast paced. It is easy to get lost in Tonya’s books and I almost always want to finish them in one sitting. The nice thing is you don’t have to read each book in order but for full enjoyment, I recommend that you do.

There are also camping hacks, tips and recipes at the end of each book which I pass onto my friends that RV.

I really enjoyed this latest installment and highly recommend to all my cozy mystery loving friends.

I received an electronic ARC of the book and plan on ordering a paperback version. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


View all my reviews

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...