Mar 5, 2015

New Baby Cards

I have 2 friends giving birth shortly so will be needing a few of these cards. When I started to work on ideas for the New Baby cards, I was only thinking about cards to be sent to new parents but there are other uses for new baby cards.  What about birth announcements, new grandmas or grandpas, or maybe a furbaby? 
(some photos courtesy of Pinterest)

I love banners but hardly ever use ... this one is adorable!
(Now if I can only remember how to crochet, my nan was AMAZING...)


Courtesy of VioletheartbyClare

Also love this one, made with the Stampin' Up! owl punch.... I must admit I have tried this one before but it did not look as beautiful as this one.

Courtesy of Stamping with Karen

I would love to make a mini album for my girlfriend and when I was getting the link for the above card I saw that Karen had done just that as well as a few other cute baby ideas. Please check out her blog via the above link.   I have decided to do the mini album a little down the road, as I have left things so late and shower is Friday!!   Stay tuned for that post...

I knew I would be working with the Sweet Dream Designer Series Paper so I used cardstock that coordinated with the colors in the Sweet Dreams paper. I chose Lost Lagoon for the base of the card in a box and Hello Honey for one of the layers.  
I also used a piece of the Hello Honey 5/8" Quilted Cotton Ribbon.





I am loving the "Baby Bumblebee " wood stamp in the Occasions Catalog.  I had a few retired stamp sets in the stack to choose from but I chose the Baby Bumblebee! 





Card in a Box Recipe
  • Finished Size when flat: 4-1/2 x 6 ".  Individual panels are 2-1/4 " wide.
  • Cut Base: 9.5 x 6 "
  • Score base: 2-1/4, 4-1/2, 6-3/4 & 9 " on long side. Score at 3-1/4 " on short side.
  • Inserts: Cut at 3-1/4 " x 3/4 ". Score at 1/2 " from either end
Or per the awesome video by Deb Valder fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator (check out her video):

Box: 
  • Cut piece of cardstock at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (it's a half sheet of cardstock)
  • Score this piece with the 5 1/2" side on top at 2 3/4"
  • Turn and with the 8 1/2" piece on top you are going to score to the MIDDLE LINE (at the 2 3/4" mark) and cut the rest of the way down
  • Score at 2" then Cut
  • Score at 4" then Cut
  • Score at 6" then Cut
  • Score at 8" then Cut
Insert:
  • Cut a piece at 2 3/4" x 8"
  • Score at 1/2", 2 1/2", 3", 5" 5 1/2" 7 1/2"
  • Fold into a Z with a flare (the ends of the Z are going to be going the opposite way) and POP it into your box.
Layered Pieces:

    • Back pieces – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 5 3/8" and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
    • Small Panels – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 2 5/8" and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 2 1/2"
    • cut 6 for outside panels and 4 for inside
    That's it , now just glue together!

    Hope you like it!!
    Hugs, Karen






    Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

    Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...