Jan 28, 2015

Craft Supply Inventory

OK, so I made an Excel inventory spreadsheet for my Stampin' Up! products and am now in the process of doing one for my other craft supplies.  
Screen shot of my spreadsheet
That's not weird is it?  

I mean, I just got a little tired of not remembering what I had and didn't have.  Buying doubles is fine for some things, but not for others, you know what I mean?  "can we say hoarder"
Stampin' Up business supplies etc.

Stampin up drawer full to the brim with stamps, ribbon and other little giveaways

New cube storage, copics store in bin, new stamps on shelf

Side view from desk, more stamps stored on shelf
I have been working on this for a couple of months (years).  I think I have everything I want done.  (except for all of my Non Stampin' Up! paper and collections) see photo of paper storage.  I think it is awesome except I now want to have some sort of planner/binder with printed out copies to have within reach when I am in a creative mood.  I have seen lots on Pinterest where they emboss paper to show what they have, photos of the stamps (good idea) my Stampin' Up! products are easy it is the others that give me grief figuring out storage etc.
DSP Storage

Stampin' Up! Cardstock

Misc paper etc.  still needs sorting
I just have to remember to use it when making supply wish lists and to take a copy with me when purchasing certain things.  

Being a bit of a computer geek, I have a Copic app on my phone and iPad, it is awesome way to know what you have. I also found a bunch of printables on the Ranger site and  there is a printable for the Blendabilities on Pinterest.  Go check it out!  The link will take you to the page where there are a ton of color sheets and label sheets to print out and use to help organize your stuff.


Copics inside one of the bins
My desk top.....
Promarkers


Blendabilities


Spinning Tool Caddy with my scissors, Stampin Up write markers etc.


Stampin Up ink storage
Love my new jar for my sponges (also label each sponge with colour name)
I sold most of my Cricut cartridges last year but I do have a list of my Cricut Cartridges.  I double spaced it so that I have room to add more.  (Wish I had a Silhouette Cameo instead - insert sad face)

Cricut boxes
For now I am hoping to put together a full size three ring notebook even though this size will be hard to handle.  LOL (I have a lot of stuff, but I have been crafting for decades)

To store my Dies, I start by cutting the tabs of each set when I get them using the Steel Snips.  The Die sets that come with multiple pieces are often attached, and the Steel Snips make quick work of separating them.  I place all of my Stampin Up Dies and larger Die sets into the Sizzix Storage Pockets.  I label each set using an inexpensive Brother Label machine. Pictures of my dies...all divided into categories of company (Dividers are in process of being made).

Dies storage - medium box

Oversized dies and some embossing folders and Stencils
Embossing Folders.....


Embossing folders
Punches ....

Stampin Up Punches
..and more Stamps, OH MY!

Various stamp collections

Unity Stamps

Embellishments ....


Embellishment Holder and my Embossing powder holder




Embellishments and ribbons

And, I now have to have a washi tape collection inventory. 
Washi tape dispensers, already need another unit
Stickles....


Stickles, I need to inventory which ones I have
Under desk, Stamps of Life binder and scrap paper storage
Mixed Media storage
To be organized.....

More craft stuff to organize in spare bedroom
Bags of stamps, embellishments and books to sell
Misc Scrapbooks, felt, bags etc.

I am also going to organize my knitting, crochet and cross-stitch supplies (they are in the basement).  I will need the information for that also!

What do you think?  (Not about how much I have hoarded in the last 2 years and stuck in every nook and cranny of my house!  What do you think about my spreadsheets, Apps and eventually my book?  Hee Hee!) Believe it or not I still cannot find things ie: 2" circle punch

Stay crafty, and ORGANIZED, Peeps!

Hugs, Karen














No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...