Sep 3, 2015

Holiday Hedgehogs - Skating Pond

Hello my crafty peeps!

I have another festive make to share today. I have to get in all my Christmas-y projects before I start my classes and fitness activities. Today's make uses the "Holiday Hedgehogs" retired Stampin' Up! set paired with my Blendabilities markers and copics.

I love the skating hedgehog and wanted to create a pond for him to skate on. I love the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and hate that I don't seem to use it more when stamping... so here I go.

I stamped the main image using my Memento Black ink pad and then coloured and shaded with a variety of my markers. I sponged the edges of my Whisper White layer with Marina Mist, Night of Navy and Soft Sky ink to make a lake effect. I also heat embossed some Irredecent Ice on the trees and the sponged lake. I layered my stamped layer onto a peice of Old Olive CS that I embossed with the new "Woodland" emboss folder. I finished with a length of Cherry Cobbler ribbon and some silver ribbon.



Thanks for stopping by today. Lovely to have you visit during Back to School week. I'd love to see your festive makes so please leave me a comment so I can pop by and visit your blogs or post a photo on my "Stamp with Karen" Facebook page.

Hugs, Karen
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...