Aug 9, 2024

A Scottish Highland Hideaway by Julie Shackman

Hello my friends,

Today I am reviewing A Scottish Highland Hideaway the 7th book  in “The Scottish Escapes series” by Julie Shackman.  What can I say other than I loved it and read in one day. 

‘Julie Shackman knows how to bring the feel-good factor to fiction’ Woman’s Weekly

A brand new autumnal story of love, believing in yourself and starting over set in the Scottish Highlands

For Bailey McArthur, her family and job mean everything. She runs her own floristry shop and loves spending time in nature in the pretty town of Heather Moore, whilst desperately trying to forget about being jilted on her wedding day.

When journalist Zach Stern arrives in town asking questions about a famous actor, Bailey decides to throw him off the trail of the superstar hiding out in the Scottish Highlands.

But despite Bailey’s efforts to thwart Zach's investigation she finds herself falling for him. It’s just a shame she can’t be honest with him. But then, Bailey might not be the only one with a secret to hide…


The setting of a tiny town called Heather Moore in the Scottish Highlands sounded magical and irresistible for spending leisurely weekends walking the high street or the woods.

As with the other books in this series, it had everything you could want in a story love, regret, laughter, sadness, forgiveness, friendships and families.

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. There were multiple sub-plots to keep you engaged and interested in the outcome.

I will definitely read other books by this author.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Harper Collins UK, One More Chapter and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel By Rebecca Raisin

Hello my friends, Today I am reviewing the "Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel” by Rebecca Raisin. I really enjoyed, it was so refresh...