Aug 10, 2024

The Grim Steeper by Gretchen Rue

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “ The Grim Steeper” by Gretchen Rue the 3rd instalment in the "A Witches Brew Mystery" series.  I loved this book!
Bookstore owner Phoebe Winchester is putting on her first major author event when a body is discovered and the plot goes off the rails in this cozy mystery, perfect for fans of Cleo Coyle and Jenn McKinlay.

Amateur witch Phoebe Winchester is excited to host her first big author event at the Earl’s Study, her book and tea store. The author, Sebastian Marlow, is a famous birder excited to put Raven Creek on the map for his rediscovery of a presumed-extinct bird. When Sebastian is found dead before his planned bird hike, where he expected to prove the existence of the bird to fellow birding enthusiasts, it’s obvious someone wanted him to be extinct, too. 

Sebastian had a few unfriendly encounters with his staff—including his recently fired manager, who was seen arguing with him at the author event. Phoebe is determined to figure out who killed Sebastian, worried that it will negatively affect her store’s image that her biggest guest author got killed. With the clock ticking, she enlists the help of Rich Lofting, the handsome local private investigator, to help her look into the murder. 

It’s not long before another victim is pecked off and someone close to Phoebe is the suspect. She’ll have to work quickly to uncover the killer and figure out who’s up to fowl play in the third charming book in this warm and witchy series.

"The Grim Steeper" by Greta Rue, the 3rd installment in the Witches Brew Mystery series, is a delightful read! I was thrilled to return to Raven Creek, Washington, and reunite with Phoebe, Daphne, Bob the cat and the charming cast of characters at the Earl's Study. Amy from the Sugarplum Fairy and Rich Lofting add to the charm. Phoebe's magic goes awry as her stress levels rise, and she seeks help to master her powers. I adore her innovative idea of a cat shelter within the bookstore, dedicated to older cats who've been in shelters too long.

Bookstore owner Phoebe Winchester is putting on her first major author event when a body is discovered and the plot goes off the rails

This engaging mystery is full of twists and turns, keeping me guessing until the very end. The vivid descriptions of teas and treats, like Phoebe's sourdough toast, had me craving a hot cup of tea and a snack (fortunately, recipes are included in the book!).

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy mystery-loving friends and eagerly await book 4!

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel By Rebecca Raisin

Hello my friends, Today I am reviewing the "Christmas at the Little Paris Hotel” by Rebecca Raisin. I really enjoyed, it was so refresh...