Mar 24, 2023

Fiddling with Fate by Diane Kelly

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “ Fiddling with Fate” the 3rd instalment in A Southern Homebrew Mystery series by Diane Kelly.
When a local bluegrass musician disappears and a jug of her shop’s corn liquor is implicated, moonshiner Hattie Hayes must stop further trouble from brewing in this delightful cozy mystery series.

It’s August in Chattanooga, Tennessee and moonshiner Hattie Hayes has collaborated with a nearby vineyard to serve her moonshine at a Wine and 'Shine event. Not only is this an opportunity for Hattie to gain more moonshine fans, but she’s also excited to hear the Bootlegging Brothers, a popular bluegrass band. But not every attendee is looking for harmony. When one of the brothers disappears and is presumed dead, Hattie realizes her grace note gathering has suddenly turned more sour than her mash.

Unearthing what happened to the missing musician is more difficult than Hattie first expected. Hattie’s moonshine is tied to the crime and there’s no time to fiddle around—she has to step up to solve the case. Luckily, Hattie’s cool head and quick mind help her understand that when investigating a musical crime, always stay sharp.

I really like Hattie, her granddaddy, Smokey the cat and the setting of Chattanooga, Tennessee. There is a great cast of side characters too, Marlon, Charlotte the horse, Kiki, Nora, Kate and Ace.  

I love hearing about Hattie’s history with moonshine and we learn lots more in this instalment and meet Shirley Byrd who I hope we see again.

The mystery is interesting and had lots of twists which kept me guessing. I had no idea who the killer was till Hattie did.  I’m looking forward to the next book , and see what’s happening at Hattie Hayes Moonshine Shack.

I highly recommend this cozy series to all my friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Berkley Publishing and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Twinkle of Trouble by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing “ A Twinkle of Trouble ” by  Daryl Wood Gerber   the 5th instalment in “A Fairy Garden Mystery&...