Mar 29, 2023

Fateful Words by Paige Shelton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Fateful Words” the 8th instalment in the "Scottish Bookshop Mystery” series by Paige Shelton.  I really enjoy this series and am collecting in hardcover. 
In Fateful Words, the eighth Scottish Bookshop Mystery from beloved author Paige Shelton, bookseller Delaney Nichols stakes her reputationand her lifewhen a literary tour turns deadly...

When Edwin, Delaney’s boss at the Cracked Spine bookstore, leaves town on secret business, Delaney is called upon to guide his yearly literary tour around Edinburgh. But on the first night of the tour, at the inn where the tour group is staying, the inn manager falls—or is pushed—off the roof of the inn, and killed. Then, one of the tour members disappears, leaving a trail of puzzles in her wake.

In a race against the clock, Delaney sets out on the expedition of her life, following clues around Edinburgh to get to the bottom of this mystery. Exploring sights from Greyfriars Bobby to the Royal Mile to the Sir Walter Scott Monument, she'll have to put the pieces together quickly, or the bookstore's survival could be on the line...as well as her own.


I loved visiting Edinburgh, Scotland and the Cracked Spine book shop again. I liked how this time we were exploring as a tourist on a literary tour.  

There were several possible suspects, and kept me guessing for quite a while. I was drawn into this story right away and did not want to put it down. 

Overall, I found it to be a very entertaining read that made me long to visit Scotland and the Royal Mile.

I highly  recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Minotaur Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...