Mar 25, 2023

Dressed to Drill by Kate Carlisle

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Dressed to Drill" the 10th instalment in the "Fixer Upper" Mystery series by Kate Carlisle.  I really enjoy both of Kate Carlisle’s mystery series but I think this one is my favourite.


Contractor Shannon Hammer’s new project, renovating an old church, reveals some old sins when a body is found on the premises in the latest Fixer-Upper Mystery from the New York Times author Kate Carlisle.

While Shannon Hammer is thrilled to attend the premiere of the movie based on her boyfriend Mac’s latest book, she can’t wait to trade her killer heels for work boots and start her next renovation project in Lighthouse Cove: a quaint Victorian church that has seen better days. And will see them again—as a museum—if Shannon, her talented crew, and her sister Chloe have anything to say about it.

But on the first day of demolition, work comes to a screeching halt when they stumble on the body of a beautiful young woman in one of the chapels. Who killed the assistant art director? Suspects crawl out of the woodwork as fast as Shannon can restore it. The church is hiding a century of secrets from the days that smugglers wreaked havoc on the California coast. But it’s a more recent secret that someone killed to protect. Shannon and Mac will use every tool in their toolbox to nail down the truth before any more lives are sacrificed.

As I have said before the setting of Lighthouse Cove on the northern coast of California is so beautiful and this time Shannon is renovating a really old church with secrets, but she also visits the tiny homes for veterans site. (I think there will be another story set there) 

I love Shannon and Mac together and seeing how their relationship has progressed and in this instalment we get to see Mac and his friends as they go to the premier of his movie. I also really enjoy the interaction with Shannon and Chloe and am happy Chloe returned to the cove. I love all the side characters with exception of Whitney who we are meant to not like.

Overall the mystery was interesting and well plotted, and had lots of suspects.

I feel like the characters are taking on some life changing events and I cant wait for the next book to see how things have progressed.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Berkley Publishing Group and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...