Mar 30, 2023

An American in Scotland by Lucy Connelly

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “ An American in Scotland” by Lucy Connelly the 1st instalment in the " A Scottish Isle Mystery" series.  I loved this book and totally added it to my favourite series list!
The small idyllic town of Sea Isle, Scotland, harbors some dark secrets, and Dr. Emilia McRoy is determined to uncover all of them—no matter what the diagnosis in this charming cozy, sure to enchant fans of Sheila Connolly and Charlene O’Connor.

Sea Isle was supposed to be the fresh start Dr. Emilia McRoy dreamed of. Far from the busy emergency room across the Atlantic in Seattle, she hoped to settle down and begin this new chapter as a small-town doctor to the quirky residents who immediately welcomed her. When she stumbles across a dead body, she starts to think that she may not be as Scot free of the drama and intrigue as she initially thought.

Emilia soon learns she has bigger issues at hand. It starts with realizing she'll work closely with the less than helpful local constable, Laird Ewan Campbell. Her luck continues when she discovers that part of her new responsibilities includes being the coroner for the very body she found. Finally, when the body goes missing before she can even begin the autopsy, Emilia must convince the townspeople that a crime did, in fact, occur. The deeper she digs into the picturesque town, the more suspicious she becomes. And then there are her sleep issues. It may be due to the ever-growing list of suspects, a number of threatening letters, or the surprise visitor who breaks into her house at night. But she’s never backed down before, and she doesn’t intend to start now.

Someone doesn’t want this doctor to treat the ailments of Sea Isle, but Emilia McRoy is determined to find the murderer before they kilt again.
I really enjoyed visiting Sea Isle, Scotland, and seeing how Em started her journey on the island.  Another thing I enjoyed was the relationship between Em and Mara right from the start you knew they would be best friends and have each others back.  I also loved the characters of Abigail and Tommy.  It's great how the people of Sea Isle take care of their own and opened their arms to adopt Doctor Em into their town family.

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Em did.  

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 2 to come out!
I requested and received an advanced readers copy from Crooked Lane and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...