May 18, 2020

Murder in Waiting by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends

Today I am reviewing “Murder in Waiting” by Lynn Cahoon the 11th instalment in the " A Tourist Trap Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series and this authors other series too.




Bookshop cafĂ© owner Jill Gardner contends with a best friend-turned-bridezilla while trying to solve a local historian’s untimely date with death . . .


At Coffee, Books, & More, Jill’s the boss. But as Amy’s maid-of-honor, she can barely keep up with marching orders--and now she’s in charge of organizing an epic bachelorette! Adding to Jill’s party-planning panic, the South Cove Heritage Society just unceremoniously dumped her historic landmark bid. While vying proposals rush in from a loaded land developer and a pushy travel guide company, Jill finds an unexpected ally in Heritage Society expert, Frank Gleason. But their happy union is cut short when Frank is mowed down in a suspicious hit-and-run. With Amy’s big day on the horizon, Jill vows to catch the killer before she has to catch a bouquet.

Visiting South Cove, California and Coffee, Books & More is always a pleasure.  I love the main set of characters Jill, Amy, Aunt Jackie, Greg and Toby they feel almost like family now. There was a lot happening with the couples in this instalment but I was happy to see the natural progression in their relationships.

I loved the subtle hint that Deek is saving up to attend a writers retreat in Colorado.  I think that would be an awesome crossover between the two series to have him arrive as a quest at Cat Latimer's B&B.

As for the mystery I found it to be well plotted and it moved along at an even pace. There were several suspects for the murder and you find yourself second guessing on who the murder can be. Overall I found this to be a great story.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy friends.




I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


1 comment:

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...